Looking for a way to spice up your test prep? Word Problems Test Prep PowerPoint game is a Jeopardy-style game designed to help prepare students for state testing. This digital game is excellent for reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division word problems, including two-step problems. Use this exciting 3rd grade math game to liven up test prep while reviewing skills for the STAAR (Texas assessment) test. This game is perfect for keeping your students excited and engaged while reviewing essential math skills.
Even though this was designed specifically with the 3rd grade math STAAR test in mind, many skills are similar to the common core standards.
✅ What’s Included:
- Engaging Jeopardy-style Game in PowerPoint or Google Sldes
- 20 Total Questions
- Optional Student Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
Word Problems Test Prep Game covers the following 3rd grade math TEKS:
- 3.4A Solve one and two-step problems (addition and subtraction)
- 3.4B Round to the nearest ten or hundred to solve problems
- 3.4D/E Represent multiplication facts
- 3.4F Recall multiplication and division facts
- 3.4G Multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number
- 3.4H Partition sets into equal shares
- 3.4J Find quotients using multiplication and division
- 3.4K Solve one and two-step problems (multiplication and division)
NOTE: PowerPoint or PowerPoint viewer is preferred for using this file. However, Google Slides are also included.
Same questions – different format
These same questions are available as a Boom Cards and print task card activity.
What teachers are saying about this Jeopardy-style test prep game…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My third graders loved this! Thank you for aligning it to our TEKS!! It makes it easy to pull out and tie to what we’re learning!” – Erryn H.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I used this as a practice with my students before winter break on all of the operations that we have learned. It was a great way for them to recall all of this information and work with teams to earn Jeopardy points. Great find!” – Ciara J.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Great resource! Covers a lot of important skills and provided a good review before testing.” – Sailing Through the Common Core
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Excellent resource for preparing for statewide testing!” – Troy F.
Copyright © Hooty’s Homeroom
All rights reserved by author.
Permission for single classroom use only.